latest news from the marina & Tiller Talk, our very own newsletter.
Covid -19 update
INDEPENDENT RETAILERS BOUNCE BACK
“The safety of our customers and staff is paramount. All our shops are following UK Government guidance to provide reassurance to all our customers and have introduced measures designed to enable those customers to shop with us in these challenging times in complete safety whilst also protecting our staff. Customers will notice a number of physical changes when they next shop with us, such as screens at the till points and plenty of hand sanitiser available on entry. Numbers entering our stores may also have to be restricted at busy times in order to maintain social distancing requirements, but all can be assured of a very warm welcome.
BARTON MARINA TOILETS ARE OPEN AT THE END OF THE PROMENADE
THE WATERFRONT PUB will open on the 4th July
Opening times -Monday – Friday 12noon-11pm
Saturday and Sunday 11am-11pm
Food Serving times -Monday – Saturday 12noon-9pm -Sunday 12noon-8pm
Bookings will be taken from Wednesday 1st July by phone on 01283 711500
or online booking page – www.waterfrontbarton.co.uk
Please keep ‘buying local’, and supporting our fantastic shops on site and we will continue to post on social media to keep you updated on news and future events
The Waterfront – see www.waterfrontbarton.co.uk for information on Saturday reopening
Barton Marina Cafe reopening Information.
To keep you and our staff safe we have put new processes and rules in place to stick to government guidelines.
The staff have spent the last week deep cleaning the café for customer safety.
The staff will be wearing visors / masks and gloves. We have sanitisers at key points and in the kitchen as well as encouraging washing of hands at all times.
Arriving at the cafe
- Please join the ‘socially distanced queue’ outside the front of the Café while we find your booking (or try to find you a table if you do not have a booking).
Once you are seated
- We will not be offering service at the counter the staff behind the counter will be busy cooking /pouring drinks to be delivered directly to your table
- To allow our cooks to socially distance in our kitchen area– we have reduced the menu when we open
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow anyone in the que outside to ‘dive into the marquee’ to take cover as we have to keep our staff safe and consider social distancing
- We would like wherever possible – contactless is used to keep you and our staff as safe as possible
- We ask that once you are seated that you remain at the table unless you need to use the toilets or you are leaving the café.
- Both our food and drink menus will be one use menus, once you have used a menu, they will be destroyed after use to limit cross contamination between customers
Toilets and Cleaning
- When using our toilets, which can be accessed from the rear of the café please respect each other and keep socially distanced
- Our toilets will be checked and cleaned at regular points throughout the day
- Extra cleaning will be carried out several times during the day – focusing on door handles, touch points and handrails
- We ask that all customers follow the signs on the floor or as directed as this allows a free flow of customers out of the café.
- Our management team have completed Covid specific training for hospitality and training has been completed with all of our staff (while socially distanced) to cover how we will keep both staff and customers safe while you enjoy the Marina Café.
Our first issue. Jodie Kidd’s brother Jack pays a visit. Bollywood comes to the marina and book your tickets for Downton Abbey the movie.
Issue 2 reveals our star choice to switch on the Barton Marina Christmas lights. We catch Frankie Dettori in a moment of calm and book your tickets for the movie Le Mans ’66.